Robert Engh for Section Coordinator

• Geoff Fraser
  • Geoff Fraser's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Jun 2019 23:55 - 19 Jun 2019 00:30 #4353 by Geoff Fraser
Robert Engh for Section Coordinator was created by Geoff Fraser
I have been asked to post the following content from Robert Engh in regards to running for Section Coordinator. This is not an endorsement for any nominee by the Elections Chair and is reprinted exactly as submitted by Rob.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I've been involved with IPSC in BC for nearly 20 years now and was recently nominated for the position of Section Coordinator for BC. I don't take this nomination lightly, and was happy to accept it.

As many know I've never been afraid to let my voice be heard at AGMs regarding both the administration of IPSC BC and how our matches are run. For 30 years I've been heavily involved at Abbotsford Fish and Game Club, serving in almost every position on the board, including numerous times as president, a position I now hold currently. During my times as president I led the project to expand Abby from one outdoor range to five and to increase our membership from less than 300 to over 2500. I also led the committee to bring our constitution and bylaws into compliance with the new provincial regulations. I have also been running weekly Skills and Drills at Abby for 20 years, and started the IPSC club there.

My goal, if elected as Section Coordinator is to modernize IPSC BC. Having had the unique experience of shooting all over the world and seeing how other matters are dealt with elsewhere, I think we can dramatically improve the processes of membership renewals, match registrations, and squadding. I would like to see membership renewals and match signups moved to completely online (PractiScore), and self-squadding as well as work squading. Obviously there will be challenges to this and input from all our match directors will be needed to come up with a workable solution. Discussions with PractiScore have indicated they are willing to work with us if such changes occur.

I strongly feel IPSC BC is lacking in areas of communication. If elected I would like to see more direct member contact, with regular emails keeping everyone informed as to what is happening within the organization. This would also include more transparency in how things are done, and why, at the board level. Far too often I've heard complaints about this issue, and it needs to be addressed.

Lastly, mentoring of not just our Range Officials, but also our shooters is something I'd like to see improved. Working with local clubs and experienced shooters together would hopefully initiate various clinics that would aim to help both new shooters and officials alike.

Thank you for your consideration
Robert "Fang" Engh
Last edit: 19 Jun 2019 00:30 by Geoff Fraser.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Geoff Fraser
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds