Ron Brady for Section Coordinator

• Geoff Fraser
  • Geoff Fraser's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Jun 2019 23:10 #4352 by Geoff Fraser
Ron Brady for Section Coordinator was created by Geoff Fraser
I have been asked to post the following content from Ron Brady in regards to running for Section Coordinator. This is not an endorsement for any nominee by the Elections Chair and is reprinted exactly as submitted by Ron.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I have the honour to have been, and am pleased to accept, the nomination for Section Coordinator for IPSC BC.

I have been an active member since 1993, currently am a CRO and was a TCI, until this year when I stepped down when a younger member was able to take over as the local TCI. In the past I have served as Zone Director and as Match Director on several occasions.

I bring experience that will assist the BOD in their duties. I have served as secretary, vice-president and president of local, regional, provincial, national and international organizations. I also served as the Director of Education for the Canadian Federation of Labour for a short while prior to their amalgamation with the Canadian Labour Congress. I have vast experience in dispute resolution and insuring the correct application of rules and contracts with provincial, national and international companies. On occasions I have had the opportunity to meet one on one with Cabinet Ministers and the Premier to put forward various issues. I served 10 years with the Royal Canadian Navy, based on the East coast.

My intentions, when elected, are to work closely with the Zone Representatives to insure the rules and procedures are followed fairly and equally for all IPSC BC members. That membership receives timely communications from the Board of Directors. That we ensure the membership is actively involved with our organization. That IPSC BC continues to grow and prosper and that we have quality matches and field competitive teams to the National Championships.

Given the current rhetoric coming from Trudeau, Blair, etc I am of the opinion that we should be and should have, for quite some time, been, actively involved in the gun control debate. To that end I would encourage the Board of Directors to establish a Political Action Committee (PAC) with members from each Zone and direct said PAC to create and distribute to all members the information needed on how and what to present to all politicians showing we as legal gun owners, users and competitors are not the problem and that our votes will go to those that support us unconditionally. One item that really needs to get said is that, according to the Liberal governments’ own online survey, on the need for more gun control, 81% of respondents said there is no need for more restrictive actions. We cannot and must not rely on someone else to do this for us.

Politicians, of all strips, put great emphasis on personal, ie face to face, contact with the electorate. They will be in their home ridings during July and August so this is the perfect time to visit them.

I realize the foregoing, on the political side, may be late for this year’s IPSC BC election; however I believe this information may be useful to you and encourage you to visit your local candidates. I have and will continue to do so.

Ron Brady
IPSC BC 1025

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Geoff Fraser
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds